2.24.2009

runnin on empty... NOT!

I’ve seemingly developed a tapeworm the past few days. I’ve seriously been so hungry, no matter what I eat or how often! The past few days I’ve been eating my newest creation for lunch – BURRACOS! Ok, they might really just be burritos (I’m a little fuzzy on my Mexican food terminology), but I think the term Burracos is pretty sweet. They’re a mixture of black beans and lean turkey meat, Greek yogurt, reduced fat “Mexican blend” cheese (Kraft), and TJ’s tortillas. Yummm! To make them more transportable, I’ve been wrapping them in the tortillas, then wrapping them in foil and putting them in a plastic container. Works pretty well! In theory, they should be really filling… but in reality I could totally eat a village after I eat a Burraco. In other new products, I branched out and tried both the TJ’s low sodium butternut squash soup and the vegan split pea soup. The butternut squash was sadly a terrible disappointment – very runny and unflavorful and ultimately too watery. The split pea soup, on the other hand, was pretty fab-u. It was chunky, vegan, fat free, and had only 100 calories per 1 cup serving. The sodium (as with any soup) was pretty high (570 mg, 24% RDV), but it had 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein per serving. It was super yummy and I expected that the combination of a Burraco with 1 cup of the soup would tide me over for a few hours… but no. So I caved in and ate ½ cup fresh strawberries and about 7 pretzels dipped in unsalted cashew butter. I’m hoping to remain satiated until at least 4!
 
Ooh, and good news! My garage door finally works! It was heavenly today – I went outside, pushed a button, and the door went up. I got in the car, backed out, pushed another button FROM THE COMFORT OF MY CAR and the door closed. Just as it should. It was glo-rious! For probably the first time since I’ve bought the house, everything is in working order. I expect this to last until probably tomorrow, when undoubtedly something else will break.
 
In the middle of the night a few nights ago, I mysteriously took a small chunk out of my face… I have no idea how it happened and I have vague memories of it hurting and my face bleeding, but my nails aren’t that sharp. How on earth did it happen? Now I have this red mark just under my nose that looks like either a pimple or a bloody booger until you look closely and see the layers of dermis underneath the redness. Sometimes I’m just so awesome I amaze myself.
 
I’m excited to go to the gym tonight since I took last night off. I’ve been doing a lot of weights and mat work and I definitely notice a difference in the way I feel. Also, I’ve noticed that walking on a steep incline burns nearly as many calories (sometimes more!) than running, so that’s pretty interesting.
 
I’m gonna get up from my desk before I scarf down my fruit snacks I’ve reserved for pre-gym fuel. I really need to get rid of this tapeworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment