2.26.2009

My tapeworm tells me what to do

My mystery tapeworm is still with me. Seriously, I’ve eaten so much the past few days. Maybe it’s because I’ve come down with a cold? Doesn’t the old adage go, “Starve a fever, feed a cold?” If so, then I’m doing everything right!

Last night for dinner I had what seemed like a HUGE meal, but in reality wasn’t as humongoid as I’d thought. I baked a chicken breast (put Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce on halfway through baking) and the remainder of my Alexia sweet potato fries (probably a serving and a half, if not two!), made a salad with mixed greens, feta and Drew’s Lemon Tahini Goddess dressing, and then had a carrot and a celery stalk dipped in white bean hummus. It seemed like a massive amount of food, but I was still hungry. I topped it off with a homemade chocolate chip cookie and cut myself off for the rest of the night. At least it was relatively healthy, though, right? Lots of veggies, anyways…

I’ve spent my last several workouts becoming more focused on weights and I think that might be a contributing factor concerning my constant starvation. Makes sense, right? My metabolism should be spiking, thus burning more calories, thus making me hungry? True or not, I like the sound of it. Anyways, I noticed this morning that I have little muscle lines on the OUTSIDE of my arms now! They’re pretty indiscernible, but if you look closely you can see them. I’m so excited! Also, people keep noticing I’ve lost weight! There is seriously no bigger motivator than having people notice all the hard work you’ve been doing, at least for me.

Tonight’s going to be a night off from the gym. I keep telling myself that I SHOULD go since normally I’d be at volleyball on a Thursday night (the Playoffs start tonight and we have yet another bye week since we’re #1 in our division!), but I’m so run down from this cold that I just don’t think I can do it. Instead, I think I’ll be heading to the East End Food Co-Op since I’ve been jonesing to go there for a few days now. I plan on getting some more unsalted cashew butter, maybe some bulk goodies, mayyyybe some more sweet potato fries, and maybe a special treat or two. I’m really considering making Red Lentil-Peanut Soup for dinner, but I can’t remember how many red and green lentils I have left at home from a previous (and delish) lentil soup recipe. Also, I only have about ½ cup of yogurt left after this morning’s breakfast. Perhaps I’ll make due with a more one-person-appropriate half recipe.

That’s pretty much the extent of my plans for the evening. Ideally, I’d like to get to Target to buy a new large envelope for my 2009 pay stubs and insurance info, etc., but I try to avoid going to Monroeville unless I’m going to the gym… and we’ve already discovered that’s probably not gonna happen tonight. So maybe I’ll just hang out at home and relax a bit.

Enjoy the warm-ish weather, Pittsburghers!

No comments:

Post a Comment