2.21.2009

paranoid android

do you ever have the unfortunate experience of having words fly out of your mouth before you really process what you're saying? i had that experience today, among many other experiences. this one in particular was when lori called and invited me out for drinks with her and jeremey. i totally had all intentions of going, but for some reason my mouth formed the words saying that i wasn't going to go. i honestly didn't even realize what i had said until i hung up the phone... and immediately thought of calling her back. but, as is often the case, i decided that maybe my 30-second delay was from my brain and body telling me i needed to go home and relax. to put it mildly, it's been an "interesting" day. (interesting for me, not necessarily interesting to anyone else.) i really just need to process some things at the moment.

let me start with the good part of it all - last night george the garage door man came and almost completely fixed my garage door. my dad paid for it all (yes, i know i'm spoiled... but the door wasn't getting fixed otherwise), and it was lucky because it cost $550! basically, everything's wrong with it - springs, track, and a bunch of other things i neither remembered, understood, nor cared about... he fixed everything he could last night, but needed to get another part before fixing the opener part. luckily, my door is about a gazillion times lighter now thanks to the new springs and i can lift the door without killing myself. george said it was all pretty awful and that i easily could have gotten really hurt and i could have really wrecked the rest of my garage. hmm. oh well, it's much better now and it'll be fantabulous tomorrow afternoon!

this morning i headed out to the south side soup contest, which was pretty great. we had good weather for it and it even warmed up a little towards the end! i had expected actual bowls of soup, but instead we got little cups about the size of dixie cups. everything was still really good, though. i think i got to sample about 15 of the 23 soups - i almost made them all, but the last few were out of soup and a couple of them had signs that they were "forced to not participate," whatever that means. still, $5 and a can of campbell's broccoli cheddar got me a late and yummilicious brunch. i think my fave soup was the soupe savoyarde from le pommier. it was like a creamy vegetable soup. the crowd favorite from what i heard was the exotic wild mushroom soup. i puke on mushrooms, so i didn't try it, but every single person who left that table said it was incredible. i don't think i've ever heard so much food praise in my life as i did for the mushroom soup. actually, on my way back to my car, there was still a small line for the mushroom, so i jumped into it and decided to suck it up but (gasp!) they ran out of soup just a few people ahead of me. i guess that was for the better. wouldn't want little chunks of lindsay hanging around the southside...
there's more to the soup contest part of my day, but i'll keep that all to myself.

i had to scramble from the southside to make it to monroeville by 3 for my eye dr appointment. i'm SOOO glad i went - while i was being examined, i casually brought up my eye watering/pain issues that i'd had checked out a month or two ago. it's a lot better, but it's still there, so i'm pretty sure it's not the suspected sinus infection. maybe part of it was since i seemed to get a sinus infection almost immediately after starting antibiotics, but it wasn't entirely that. this doctor, however, offered a more reasonable and lindsay-plausible solution: my mystery autoimmune disease is probably flaring up and it's projecting itself through my eyes. given my ridiculously crazy medical history, i'm willing to bet that's the case. anyways, he gave me some new contacts to try (ooh, and i LIKE them! they seem more hydrating!), and then i checked out a sweet pair of vera wang spectacles that will be coming home with me in about 2 weeks. :) also, the technician fixed my old glasses since they're constantly falling off my face. now they actually fit! they'll probably stay that way for about a week or so. :)

after all the excitement of the day, i hit up the gym for a loooooong workout. not my longest by any means, but i didn't have my ipod, so the time just dragged on and on. i did the first part of my abs exercises, the little stair stepper machine (ugh), the elliptical, then the treadmill, then used nearly every machine i'd never used before since the gym wasn't crowded and i was soup-drunk. it was pretty cool to use other machines and i even found a few i like (and some that i hate but should probably use... i'm talkin to you, glute machine!). i ended it all with part 2 of the abs and mat workout. it was only an hour and 33 minutes, but it felt like 4 hours!

quite an exciting day for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment