2.03.2009

mommy, wow! i'm a big kid now!

i thought yoga was supposed to help your balance?
this morning (and all of today, actually) was wonderful! i woke up super early (for me) to meet lori at denny's for our free grand slam breakfasts. i got there around 7, about 15 minutes early, and it worked out really well because there was a 15-20 minute wait. i don't think i've ever seen so many people at any restaurant - not even when there's been an hour and a half wait. to their credit, the experience was a great one. the turnover was very quick considering the circumstances, the food was good and hot, and the service was good as well. truthfully, i expected them to just give us our food and our bill and never check back, but i was pleasantly surprised when we were checked on several times, our coffee was refilled and we got more creamers and ketchup very expediently. all in all, thumbs up denny's!
 
however, back to the recurrent theme of "i gots no skillz" (i should create a new blog page to chronicle my fails at life), i bit the dust in the denny's parking lot. actually, it may have been the arby's parking lot, as they are joined. boom, right on my left knee. ouch. i was a big girl and went straight to work. for that, i am proud of myself. especially since my boss said i should go home (yeah, i'm pretty sure she was kidding). mommy, wow! i'm a big kid now!
 
last night i went to the gym and did some running and walking and then an hour of what should have been balance-control-enhancing yoga. perhaps i used all my balance on the mat and none was left over this morning? in any case, it was good and fun and i felt pretty spectacular afterwards, except my stomach felt like it was going into labor about a mile into my run and continued to feel like labor pains through yoga and when i got home. i don't know what my deal is these days with the excruciating stomach pains after running, but i wish it would all stop. i like running. i like walking, weights, yoga, classes, and even the elliptical sometimes. i'm not a huge fan of going into mysterious false-labor every time i go to the gym, though. :(
 
that's about it for now. i'm going to take my battered knee and my bruised pride to tanning and then i'm gonna work it out at the gym. i'm tempted to go to yoga tomorrow, thus breaking my strongly-enforced "no exercise on volleyball-eve" rule, but i'm not sure yet. i feel like i need to get all my gym time in before the cruise. on the other hand, we're playing our potentially most formidable team on thursday at volleyball, so i should really reserve my energy. i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment