1.27.2009

i'm so tired, my mind is on the blink...

marzetti’s light slaw dressing is ATOMIC in my book.
when i was younger i spent my summer days at my great-grandma nana’s house since both my parents worked. my mom would drop me off and pick me up every day on her way to/from work. nana wasn’t big on going out for lunch (though she LOVED jamocha shakes from arby’s!), so we almost always had lunch at her house. she’d make grilled cheeses, ham and cheeses, fish sticks, sometimes a totino’s thin crust personal pizza, and sometimes even a michelina’s mac & cheese. any time we had sandwiches, fish sticks or fries, though, we’d always have marzetti’s as our condiment. i credit her with my obscene obsession with marzetti’s, my strange love of fish sticks, and the first bloom of my fascination with the French language. she passed away when i was 18 (so i guess 8 years ago… wow), but these things still linger within me. it’s weird, but sometimes when i eat something that we used to have all the time (wheaties with bananas is another biggie!), i swear i can still smell her and her house. it’s kind of creepy and it makes me cry every time, if only a couple slow tears.
anyways, i’m currently noshing on a virginia baked ham, provolone and marzetti’s sammy on tj’s multigrain sprouted wheat bread. it’s pretty close to heaven. i honestly think i could eat marzetti’s for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. marzetti’s is up there with ketchup for me. i love em both, and putting marzetti’s and ketchup on fries and fish sticks is possibly the greatest ever! also on today’s lunch menu is another spinach salad with goat cheese & woodstock dressing and maybe half a grapefruit… the grapefruit might be saved for a snack, though, since i’m quickly slowing down (what an oxymoron).
 
last night i did everything i set out to do and more. i went tanning after work and then went immediately to the gym. la fitness was PACKED! i had planned on hanging out on the treadmill until yoga, but no empty treadmills were to be found so i had to opt for the one lone elliptical that was free. i spent 20 minutes on there (178 calories) and then hopped off to steal a treadmill. i warmed up some more with a 4:30 walk (3.7 mph, 6% incline) and then ran for about 34 minutes at my usual turtle speed (4.6 mph). towards yoga time, i cranked the incline up a bit (i usually run at 0% incline cuz i’m a wuss) to burn more calories since i was running out of time. my goal was to hit 500 calories before yoga started for a grand total of around 700 calories. unfortunately, i fell short by 10 measly calories so i bargained with myself that i’d hop back on for a few minutes after yoga to make up those 10. yoga was good and i REALLY felt like i got a workout – even my feet felt like they were working out! an hour later, i hopped back on the treadmill and decided to walk for another 35 minutes (3.8 mph, 7% incline). in total, my gym session blasted at least 956 calories. that’s a bit excessive, even for me.
 
when i got home it was 10:15 pm and i was DEAD. i was starving, but strangely i wasn’t very hungry. that doesn’t even make sense, but whatever. i heated up my tomato soup leftovers from the weekend and ran a hot bath. I ate my soup in the tub. And I’m ghetto fab, so I rinsed my bowl out in the tub when i was done. i popped a couple tylenol pm tablets and i was ready to rock. to quote mr. norton in fight club, “babies don’t sleep this well.” in fact, i slept so well that i missed both clock alarms AND my cell phone alarm and groggily looked over at the clock at 9:15 am and realized i needed to move my still-sore butt. i totally considered calling off since i feel like i was run over by a semi, but only wusses call off.
 
so now i’m sitting at my desk in pain… i’ve popped more tylenols and i’m pretty sure they’re not helping. i know, it’s my own fault. on the bright side, i’ve reached my edited goal of 15 gym visits this month! yay! green mango is in store for me at some point in the future. funny thing is, i always bribe myself with a reward but i never actually give myself the reward. and i think january may have been a bad month to use the green mango as a bribe since i’m going on a cruise in a mere 2 weeks and there will be plenty of indulgences for a full week. perhaps i will delay that particular reward until march… but i’ll still probably cash in my original reward, which was a drink at starbucks.
 
not of particular interest to anyone but me, but i signed myself up for the budget plan with my gas company, thus cutting my gas bill in half for this coming month. it took me 6 very full months to catch on to that one, but finally i got smart.
 
now that i figured out how to blog at work without logging onto the blogger website and without using my itsy bitsy blackberry keypad, i might update this more often… provided i have time at work, of course!
 
have a better tuesday than me, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment