1.02.2009

have a drink on me

i'm getting way excited for tomorrow's fiesta chez moi! this is going to be the first party i've ever hosted on my own - when i was in the pi i planned a few parties, but that wasn't a solo venture. this is my first just-me party, and my first one in my house! i left work early today to start prepping for it - i bought a bunch of booze, made room in my fridge for a case of beer, and my first attempt at homemade baguettes is currently proofing. no promises for the baguettes, though. they got off to a rocky start, but they're looking decent now.

i got a screamin deal on "almost flourless chocolate cake" at TJ's today, so rock on. i think i'm going to cut it into smallish pieces tomorrow. also chillin in the fridge is some spinach choke dip, creamy salsa dip, a bunch of cheeses, some salami stuff, french truffles, bruschetta topping, shrimp cocktail, booze, beer, and more booze (and mixers). i was worried about having enough food and booze, but i think i'm set since i only know of 6 or 7 people who are coming for sure. lori & jeremey are up in the air, as is keith as far as i know. and timmy will be coming late. i told everyone they could bring a friend, but i don't know if anyone will be taking me up on that or not. coincidentally, anyone who reads this who wants to come over, shoot me an email and i'll give you the address. :)

no gym tonight - my body still kind of hurts from wednesday night's tv yoga (haha) and 4 consecutive nights of running. plus, i need to babysit my baguettes. :)

have a stupendous eve, kids!

UPDATE: Check out the purdy baguettes! Here's hoping they taste as awesome as they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment