3.03.2009

it's been the worst day since yesterday

Although it’s freezing here in Pgh, I’m at least thankful that it’s not snowing. I’m predicting one more snow for the season, but I hope that we don’t even get that. Snow is my enemy.
 
I seem to be screwing up everything I touch, which is really not fun. I hope this loser streak ends at some point in the near future.
 
Shall I recap the past few days?
 
Sunday was really cool and fun – my parents came to visit and took me out to dinner at the Olive Garden. We also stopped at Moio’s and I was the recipient of both a slice of heavenly almond torte and a luscious walnut brownie. I’ve eaten a few bites of each every night. :) Normally I think it’s foolish to buy brownies from a bakery – they’re so easy to make at home and they taste just as great. But Moio’s… wow. They’re fudgy and cakey at the same time, with huge walnut pieces and awesome chocolate frosting. These brownies are totally worth every penny. My parents challenged me to get something new at the Olive Garden, so I tried the 5-cheese baked ziti. Healthy, I know (but I only ate about 1/3 of it and took the rest home). It was good, but I like a lot of sauce on my pasta and this was a little dry. When I reheated the rest for dinner last night, I added another ¼ cup or so of spaghetti sauce.
In addition to feeding me, my dad fixed my closet door since it broke moments before they arrived. He also installed a new light beside the closet since the closet door slammed into the light and effectively killed it. I needed a new one anyways – the old one was u-g-l-y. Not that the new one’s much prettier, but still… my daddy’s the best!!
 
Sunday night I forced myself to go to the gym. I had planned on going before my parents came, but they showed up extra early. By the time they left, I was stuffed and practically immobile. But I made myself go, and to my surprise, the volleyball net was set up!! I decided to be sociable and secured a spot on the team that was sitting out – which coincidentally had a PSL player on it! Not only was there a PSL player on my gym team, but he (I think his name was Eric… we’ll say it’s Eric, anyways) plays for the team that we’re up against in the semi-finals on Thursday! How cool is that?! It was nice to play with him (tee hee, that’s what she said) and I’m supremely confident that we can beat them Thursday. In fact, we already creamed them once, earlier in the season. Now watch, we’ll totally biff it up. :)
Also playing volleyball was a guy who I swear I’ve seen before, but I can’t remember where. Sure, it was probably the gym, but I feel like I actually KNOW him… and I kinda want to know him. He’s kinda cute, but not in an obvious way. And he seemed really funny and nice – he was the one who told me to just join in wherever I wanted. As is usually the case, I’ll probably never see him again and I’ll forget about him in a few weeks. But I can’t help but think that I know him from somewhere else…
 
Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Worked late, went to the gym, then went to Giant Eagle to rent The Wackness from redbox and to pick up a prescription for my upcoming dentist appointment. Ugh, I’m totally NOT looking forward to that. I have to leave work early tomorrow to go. As I think I said in my last post, something hard and crunchy fell out of my mouth while I was eating my homemade pea soup. Guess what that hard crunchy thing was? Yep, part of a tooth. Sunday night I discovered where it had come from (top left molar-ish region). Actually, I’m wondering if it’s not part of a wisdom tooth – the last time I was brave enough to visit the dentist he told me I’d need surgery to remove the wisdom teeth since they were starting to grow in… gee, I wonder why I didn’t go back… ? So tomorrow should at least be eventful in an awkward/uncomfortable way if nothing else… much like today, to tell the truth.
 
Today I’ve just been screwing everything up at work. Around 3:15 I just had to get out for a little bit because I thought I was losing my mind, so I grabbed Natalie and we made a quick stop at Trader Joe’s. It was SOOO nice just to leave work for 15 minutes. I should really take breaks more often.
 
Tonight is another gym night, followed by a quick detour to either Giant Eagle or Shop N Save to drop off last night’s redbox movie, making dinner (I’m attempting Emeril’s “Pan Roasted Salmon with Lentils”), packing tomorrow’s lunch (no more slacking this week!), getting a shower, and starting my taxes. I’ve finished making excuses and I can’t afford $140 to have H&R Block figure out my messed-up taxes (thank you, home-ownership!), so today I worked on printing all my 1098s and 1099s so that I’d have them ready to rock.
 
Hasta luego, and wish me luck on my taxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment