3.06.2009

it feels like the first time... it feels like the very first time!

First things first: WE WON!!! Our volleyball team won the second round of semi finals and now we’re going to play next week for the Division final! If we win the game at 6:45, we’ll move on to play for the league Championship at 7:45. We’re so excited! This is the farthest we’ve gone, and true to form, we almost biffed it last night. In fact, we lost our first game of the match. But we’re fighters and we rallied to come back and win the match. Plus, I had some amazing saves ;). W00t!
 
Also exciting at vb was the news that I’ll be playing in not one league, but TWO next season (which starts in 2-3 weeks). I’ll be playing with my regular team in the competitive league and with a mix-and-match of teammates and other players for the rec league. I’m so psyched! I’d thought everyone had forgotten about the rec league and that I was just going to have to play in Comp, but now I get 2 nights of volleyball! Double your pleasure, double your fun!
 
After the game last night, I was so hyped up (a little Barry Manilow will do that to ya!) that I ended up going to the gym and running. It was nice to do that again, to have that energy back. Doesn’t feel so great today, but it was nice last night.
 
As for the title of this post, I’m eating pizza – REAL pizza from a pizza place, not just sauce on Ezekiel bread like I’m accustomed to – for the first time in MONTHS. OMG. IT’S SO GOOD. It tastes like the most wonderful thing in the world right now; like it’s the best pizza ever. Really, I’m sure it’s mediocre lukewarm pizza, but it makes me happy. Unfortunately, it’s not making my stomach so happy. Apparently my tum-tum is not used to all the grease anymore. But it’s soooooo worth it. Mmmm, num, num!
 
No big plans for the weekend, but I feel like being social for once… actually, I’d like to go for a drink or two after work, but I don’t have any money. I considered going to my parents’ house for the weekend, but a Saturday morning Strip District stroll sounds nice too. I guess it depends on the weather – it’s supposed to be warm, but I heard it was going to rain all weekend. I don’t do a rainy Strip. Yes, I am a baby.
 
Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment