3.27.2009

i got a new attitude... and food!

Afternoon, all! The past week or so has been quite a whirlwind, but it’s all been pretty good. I started getting to work at or before 8 am, so I’ve been leaving around 4 and going straight to the gym. Yesterday was just fantastic because I was home from the gym by 6:30, and by 9 I had gotten in a full day of work, a really good workout, watched a movie, cooked, ate dinner, baked brownies, got my stuff ready for today, washed dishes, checked in with my parents, solidified weekend plans, and caught up on blog reading. Whew! I’ve been really productive! Maybe this waking up early thing isn’t so bad after all…
 
Lunch today was totally new for me – an Amy’s Indian Samosa Wrap and Fantastic World Foods Vegetarian Great Lakes Cheddar Broccoli soup. Sorry, no pics – I had to pick the one cell phone that doesn’t have a camera on it. I was pleasantly surprised at the Amy’s Samosa Wrap – the ingredients included tofu and my experience thus far with tofu has been less than stellar (though not awful enough for me to blacklist it yet). The wrap was slightly smaller than I’d expected, but it was bursting with flavorful goodness! I couldn’t taste the tofu at all, and didn’t even notice the texture of it since it was mixed with potatoes. It didn’t taste exactly like samosas from an Indian restaurant, but they were a much healthier and equally tasty alternative. The Cheddar Broccoli soup, on the other hand, got a big thumbs down. To be fair, the package was a little expired. I tried to eat it, and managed to get nearly halfway through, but I had to throw it out before I threw it up. Blech. I also sneaked in a Champagne Mango from WF since I had seen them featured on eatliverun.com (sorry, can’t do hyperlinks when I post from work). Luckily, the mango made up for the soup and I was sated. :)
 
It seems like any time I lift weights at the gym I become abnormally ravenous the next day. I lifted Wednesday and yesterday and I just COULD NOT stop eating yesterday! I think I planned better for today, but still – I’m anticipating a hefty snack before dinner tonight.
 
My plan to clean out my freezer and pantry by eating everything up is coming along swimmingly. In fact, I’ve started doing the same thing with my drawers at work – I’ve been giving away some of the food and trying to eat up the rest that I’ve neglected. A lot of the food is expired (hence today’s soup at lunch), but I’m trying to eat it anyway. Safe, right?
 
I have to get a bunch of stuff done, so I gotta run. I’ll probably be heading to my parents’ house this weekend, so yippee for free food!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment