4.16.2009

I'll miss the catch if they throw me the ball, I'm the last chick standing up against the wall

Hiya!!
 
I’m super hyper and excited for tonight’s volleyball game! It’s funny that we’re in the 4th week and I still don’t have any idea who 2 of our players are… then again, we’ve only played one game since we had a bye the first week and last week was canceled. It’s like I CRAVE playing vb sometimes – this morning I kept moving my fingers like I was setting the ball and I keep trying to pass the tennis ball on my desk (note: this doesn’t work well). I’m really digging the competitive league and I think playing in it actually makes me want to play even MORE. I was stoked on Monday when I was in the middle of a long serving streak and the other team had to call a time-out because I am invincible. Ok, I’m not, but it feels that way sometimes. I don’t know that I’ve missed a serve at all since starting the competitive league!
 
Anyways, that’s enough about VB for this post – I’m sure everyone’s tired of hearing about it. :)
 
Last night “the boy” and I went to The Rivertowne Pour House (or the “Whore House” as Natalie seems to think it’s called) to celebrate his birthday. His bday was Tuesday (he’s now 29!) and mine’s next Thursday (the 23rd… I’ll be a ripe old 27!). We ordered a homemade pretzel with “beer mustard” to start and Wow-ee! That was some HOT mustard! It was awesome, though, and really helped to clean out my sinuses. If I’d been with my parents I would’ve totally kept the uneaten mustard to take home… but I feel like that’s maybe bad date behavior, so I restrained myself. For dinner I ordered “The Pacino,” which was basically a hot Italian sandwich – per their website, “Thick sliced Italian bread with grilled pepperoni, salami and cappicola, roasted red peppers and sliced banana peppers, then covered with melted provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and Italian dressing.” Minus the tomato and lettuce for me. I love lettuce, but for some reason I don’t like it on hot sandwiches. This sandwich was truly AMAZING. The meat was pleasantly crispy and I think the banana peppers were what “made” it. I ate half of it last night and ate the other half for lunch today – soooooo good. Our beverage selections included (mine): the new pomegranate ale (yum!) and “White Lightning” (meh… a Belgian white beer with coriander, oranges, and mystery spices… I don’t think I’m really into spiced beer) and (his): Pierced East Coast Stout (yum! Similar to Guinness and/or Black Out Stout) and Cartman’s Celtic Red (super yum! The best beer of the night, I think!).  I was really happy with this place and I’m excited to go back!
 
Last week we had a quick dinner at Carl’s on Rt 22 – if you’re not familiar with the area, Carl’s looks like a huge DIVE. It just doesn’t look nice at all from the outside. And to be honest, I’ve been a little intimidated to go there – it seems like the kind of place where dirty old men hang out waiting for cute young girls to mistakenly walk into their lair so they can take them out back and have their way with them… but Carl’s was truly INCREDIBLE! There weren’t that many old men, and actually, there were a bunch of families/middle-aged couples having dinner while we were there. Their beer is relatively cheap (depending on what you get) and the food was ridonkulously yummy! I got their version of a chicken cheesesteak and I was immediately in love. Words can’t accurately describe it. It was just lovely. I’ve only previously had chicken cheesesteaks from Uncle Sam’s and Peppi’s (Uncle Sam’s being the clear victor of the two), but now Uncle Sam’s has some real competition. Just writing about it makes me want to go back. Ugh, and now I’m hungry…
 
Oh, and of all the awesome things to find at work, I found a package of the new Pepperidge Farms Fruit & Grain Cherry Pomegranate Bagels on my seat today when I came in! How exciting! So a big thanks to Lori for the early birthday present! Guess what’s up to bat for tomorrow’s breakfast! :)
 
That’s pretty much all I have time for today – I’m heading to WholePaycheck Foods to see if they still have mangoes on sale, then it’s off to the Rec Center to PLAY BALL!
 
Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment